What Needs To Be In A Climate Controlled Storage Unit?
Climate Controlled Storage Units
August 17th, 2022
Let’s face it, when it comes to moving each one of us find ourselves being surprised by how much stuff we have accumulated. And what is even more surprising is how much of that stuff holds sentimental or monetary value. Some of your items may be one of a kind, valuable, or environmentally sensitive. Those type of possessions are more than just “ordinary” and oftentimes require more than “ordinary” storage for safekeeping. That is where the blessings of living in a day with climate controlled storage comes in.
Some of the benefits include:
- Keeps your items in a setting with a moderate temperature (between 55 and 85 degrees).
- Enclosed and tightly sealed storage units which resist dust buildup, pests, humidity, and other threats to valuables.
- Provide comfortable visits to your storage unit that will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Assurance that sensitive items will be protected.
- More privacy in a climate controlled storage facility.
What types of items might require climate controlled storage?
- Photos, books
- Wood furniture
- Family heirlooms
- Anything you want to protect!
To determine what type of storage you’ll need, take into consideration the items you will be storing and the collective value of those things to you, how long you will be storing them, if your items are temperature sensitive, and perhaps how often you will need to visit the storage facility. Also keep in mind, the cost of properly storing something valuable may be far less than the cost to replace it!